Hello Families! Would you like to:
- be a part of a beautiful community garden?
- learn to grow your own flowers and vegetables?
- involve your children in the joys of nature and gardens?
- Take home fresh, organic harvest?
- Sign Up Here for this drop-in style program for the 2022 season
Growing Eden is a locally funded garden-based program for parents and children of all ages. We especially welcome families who are refugees, low-income or new immigrants from the South Vancouver neighbourhood who are interested in learning about the pleasures of growing and eating your own garden harvest, growing a food secure community one harvest at a time. Growing Eden is free to attend.
We meet Tuesdays from 11am-2pm to plant, tend and harvest food from our garden, share recipes and anecdotes. At Growing Eden, we build community and connect with each other bi-weekly from May to June, and weekly July through August. Growing Eden finishes at the end of August, with a date or two in September to put the garden to rest for the season.
How to get here?
Our garden is nestled between beautiful Bobolink Park and the South Vancouver Family Place at Nanaimo and 61st.
To get there by bus, take the 49 bus and transfer at Elliott Street onto the 29 Elliott bus heading south. Get off the bus at Southbound Muirfield Drive at Hoylake Ave.
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 11am – 2pm
- This is a hands-on active program. Come ready to get a bit dirty! Please bring a sunhat and clothes to do gardening in and water to drink and snacks for your familyeat outdoors
- We provide most garden tools, seedlings and seeds. Please bring a pair of gardening gloves and a trowel if you have your own.
- Your children are welcome and encouraged to join. We will provide age-appropriate activities.
- Priority is for families who are refugees, low-income or new immigrants
- All neighbourhood families are encouraged to visit.
Contact Alyssa Dawn at email@example.com, call or text 604-720-7908
Growing Eden is a partnership of:
- Farmers on 57th
- South Vancouver Family Place
- Robert and Anna Koerner Foundation Community Fund
- South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
- City of Vancouver