Hello Families! Would you like to:
- be a part of a beautiful new community garden?
- learn to grow your own flowers and vegetables?
- involve your children in the joys of nature and gardens?
- make and share a weekly meal?
- Take home fresh, organic harvest?
Growing Eden is a garden-based program for parents and their children of all ages. We especially welcome families who are refugees, low-income or new immigrants from the neighbourhood who are interested in learning about the pleasures of growing and eating your own garden harvest. We meet Thursdays, 12:15 to 2:45 pm to plant, take care of our garden, harvest food, share meals.
How to get here?
Our garden is right in the middle of beautiful Bobolink park, at Nanaimo and 61st.
It’s a few blocks walk from Victoria Drive along 61st,
or take the 49th bus, transfer South on Elliott bus.
- Thursdays 12:15-2:45 pm, starting March 2017
- This is an active program. Come ready to get a bit dirty!
- All garden tools and seeds are provided. Please bring a sunhat and clothes to work and eat outdoors.
- Your children are welcome and encouraged to join. We will provide age appropriate activities.
- Priority is for families who are refugees, low-income or new immigrants
- All neighbourhood families are encouraged to apply.
Contact Jen at email@example.com or leave a phone message at (778) 554-9643.
Growing Eden is a partnership of:
- Farmers on 57th
- Disability Alliance of BC
- South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
- Unitarian Church of Vancouver
- City of Vancouver
- South Vancouver Family Place