Hello Families! Would you like to:
- be a part of a beautiful new community garden?
- learn to grow your own flowers and vegetables?
- involve your children in the joys of nature and gardens?
- make and share a weekly meal?
- Take home fresh, organic harvest?
Growing Eden is a garden-based program for parents and their children of all ages. We especially welcome families who are refugees, low-income or new immigrants from the neighbourhood who are interested in learning about the pleasures of growing and eating your own garden harvest.
We meet Tuesdays from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm to plant, tend and harvest food from our garden, and share recipes and anecdotes. At Growing Eden, we build community and connect with each other bi-weekly from March to June, and weekly in July to August. Growing Eden finishes the final week of August, with a date in September to put the garden to bed for the season.
How to get here?
Our garden is right in the middle of beautiful Bobolink park, at Nanaimo and 61st. The garden is a few steps east of South Vancouver Family Place.
To get there by bus, take the 49 bus and transfer at Elliott Street onto the 29 Elliott bus heading south. Get off the bus at Southbound Muirfield Drive at Hoylake Ave.
- Tuesdays 11:00 am to 2:00 pm for summer 2020. We are continuing this year with extra measures to ensure everyone’s safety. As part of our COVID-19 safety measures we are scheduling individual family groups at a time, at 11 am, 12 pm and 1 pm. Please email us to schedule a visit.
- This is an active program. Come ready to get a bit dirty!
- All large garden tools and seeds are provided. Please bring a sunhat and clothes to work and eat outdoors, and a pair of gardening gloves and a trowel if you have your own.
- Your children are welcome and encouraged to join. We will provide age-appropriate activities.
- Priority is for families who are refugees, low-income or new immigrants
- All neighbourhood families are encouraged to visit.
Contact Jen at email@example.com or leave a phone message at (250) 812-4847.
Growing Eden is a partnership of:
- Farmers on 57th
- Disability Alliance of BC
- South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
- Unitarian Church of Vancouver
- City of Vancouver
- South Vancouver Family Place