The therapeutic garden program includes:
- A weekly Garden Club for Pearson residents, which matches volunteers with resident gardeners to help assist in planting, tending and harvesting.
- Wheelchair accessible gardens for Pearson residents, family & staff
- Community plots for various groups including DIGA, the Disabled Gardeners Association, classes from the local Sir Wilfred Laurier Annex and Ideal Alternative high school
- A juicing project for residents with special diets
- A flower cutting garden, which provides beautiful organic bouquets for residents throughout summer
- A fruit tree orchard that includes 20 dwarf heirloom apple trees.
Interested in volunteering with us as an official Vancouver Coastal Health volunteer?
Fill out the application online below. Be sure to specify Garden Club at George Pearson Center. Garden Club runs TUESDAY afternooons, April-October, every year.